Would you like more ideas on supporting your child to be cool, calm and collected? Are you looking for tools to support their cooperation in daily activities? Does your child get upset regularly and have difficulty calming down?
This group will aim to increase parents’ confidence to support their children to stay cool, calm and collected. Through collaborative sessions with the occupational therapist and other participating families, new strategies will be given to support parents with this tricky aspect of parenting. This group covers topics like:
- understanding stress in children
- reframing your child’s behaviour
- identifying sources of stress or anxiety in children
- specific strategies to support communication with children
- specific strategies to reduce tension and restore energy in children
- the power of co-regulation
- growth mindset.
To express your interest in a workshop, please ring our lovely Admin team on 9555 9776.
We are also continuing to seek expressions of interest for other parent workshops that we can run in the future. We would love to get your thoughts on topics for these events such as :
- Social skills and participation
- Toilet training
- Managing daily routines at home.
To provide your input into future offerings, please complete this survey.
For further information about Qualia’s parent workshops, please contact us on 9555 9776 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Refer your child for occupational therapy
Qualia offers a range of programs for children of all ages.
Register your interest now and receive your information pack.