Careers at Qualia
Are you looking for a position where everyday is different and where you can make a difference to the lives of children and their families? Are you looking for a supportive role with an emphasis on your professional development?
We are a vibrant team of enthusiastic, passionate and dedicated occupational therapists and we are always looking for like-minded therapists to join us!
At Qualia, we take your professional development very seriously. We have a variety of both formal and informal training including:
- Weekly supervision regardless of level of experience
- Full team PD days every school holidays
- Regular case conference, peer to peer supervision and hands on workshops
- A two year weekly training program for any early career or newer therapist
- An external PD budget to attend courses and conferences
- Informal clinic support at all times in the clinic, with an ‘all-OT’ team ready to debrief, talk through ideas and answer questions
- Well being support and flexibility for balance in the role
- Opportunity to observe other therapists demonstrate unfamiliar or complex interventions
- Opportunity to present at schools and other allied health clinics
- Opportunity to supervise university students, allied health assistant and progression to supervise new graduate therapists
- Opportunity to present at universities and special interest groups (Avalon engages in lecturing at university and Sophie-Anna is the convenor of the NSW/ACT OT Australia Paediatric Special Interest Group).
The team at Qualia is the very best! We have lots of fun and always support each other. – Elle (OT)
As a graduate, the world of OT can seem intimidating and scary at first. Qualia has given me the opportunity to feel supported throughout my transition from student to therapist. With weekly supervision, opportunities to talk about cases with the team and peer-to-peer support, the supportive environment which is fostered by Qualia has made this transition seamless! – Renee (OT)
Our Vision and Values
Qualia’s vision is to dissolve the space between performance and potential.
Our vision applies to three areas:
- The children and families we work with: we aim to help children reach their full potential with the tasks in their day that are meaningful to them, through providing family centerd intervention, applying occupational therapy frameworks.
- Our staff: we aim to foster a culture where therapists are challenged to reach their potential both clinically (setting learning goals and focusing on development), and personally (maintaining work life balance, a healthy mind and body, and a happy life!).
- The community: we aim to improve awareness of occupational therapy and what it can offer the community. We do this through looking for opportunities to educate and contribute to the community.
We have five values that guide our day to day encounters and practice. They are learning, balance, heart, creativity and making a difference.
Sound like you? Wonderful. We’d love to hear from you.
Have a look on Seek or Indeed for any roles we may be advertising, or send us through your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here for current open OT role.