Become a Maths Wizz!
Age: Kindergarten – Year 2 Students
Have fun with maths while learning valuable skills in solving problems and approaching maths questions. Your child will develop skills in focus and attention, as well as task completion. This group includes practicing maths skills related to the National Curriculum. Your child will be supported to complete their individual homework tasks or be provided with age appropriate maths tasks. The group will help your child to develop a strategy to approach maths questions.
The main underlying capacities and areas addressed in this 10-week program are:
- Task completion
- Attending to tasks
- Number formation
- Generalised strategies for maths problem solving
- Selects appropriate strategies to complete age appropriate maths question
- Be able to solve problems and reason in Number, Measurement and Probability
- Select appropriate strategies to solve problems for addition and subtraction questions
- Appropriately use objects, diagrams and technology to explore mathematical problems
- To provide reasoning to support mathematical conclusions
Individual goals based on your child’s maths ability will be set at the beginning of the program.
School and Pre-School Based Intervention
Qualia work with children in their everyday environments to enhance handwriting, creative writing, fine motor skills, coordination and gross motor skills, organisation, attention and concentration.
Home Based Intervention
Qualia offers occupational therapy sessions at your home, to enhance your child’s school based skills together with every day skills such as dressing, shoelaces and use of a knife and fork.
Clinic Based Intervention
Qualia work with infants, young children and teenagers in developing age appropriate skills and independence in the clinic located at 661 Darling Street, Rozelle.