Have you thought about group therapy for your child? At Qualia, we have been extending the services we provide to include various forms of group therapy. We have found group therapy to be effective for our clients for many reasons, including:
- Meaningfully connecting with peers and building friendships
- Fostering the feeling of “belonging” and therefore increasing motivation to reach goals together
- Using common challenges to unite, validate and overcome these challenges
- Learning from observation of peers and purposefully interacting with each other
- Helping children to recognise that everyone has strengths and areas that they need to work towards
- Providing a safe and supportive space for children to practice skills learnt from prior individualised therapy and promoting generalisation of skills to everyday life
- Preparing children for the classroom and other social environments on a smaller scale
- Continuing to address individual goals whilst in a group setting
- Providing opportunities for specific parental feedback about how a child engages in a group environment.
Through group therapy, we have found many children engaging in activities they previously did not enjoy, forming friendships that have extended past the group into playdates and deeper connections, improved emotional vocabulary and communication in general, and overall excitement to return the following week.
Please see our Term Groups page below for our upcoming group therapy program.
School and Pre-School Based Intervention
Qualia work with children in their everyday environments to enhance handwriting, creative writing, fine motor skills, coordination and gross motor skills, organisation, attention and concentration.
Clinic Based Intervention
Qualia offers occupational therapy sessions at our lovely cottage in Hunters Hill.
Qualia has a range of wonderful resources available for purchase at our cottage in Hunters Hill.