Initial appointment (in-person or online)
- Initial Consultation: $250 (includes face-to-face time, consultation with educators, paediatrician, and other health professionals, goal setting and a letter to outline goals).
- Initial Full Assessment: $500 (includes extended face-to-face time, standardised assessments, consultation with educators, paediatrician and other health professionals, goal setting and a full comprehensive report). This is usually conducted over 2 x 40 minute sessions.
- HSC Assessment: $500 (includes extended face-to-face time, consultation with learning support, standardised assessment and a full comprehensive report for application to BOSTES).
- Additional standardised assessments: $60 (where required it may be recommended that your child completes an additional assessment. Results will be provided in a report).
- Intervention sessions (in-person or online) (40 minutes): $180
- Second weekly intervention session (in-person or online) (30 minutes): $115
- Extended intervention sessions (1 hour): $245
- Intensive therapy programme (school holidays) 3 x 1 hour sessions: $600
- Intensive therapy programme (school holidays) 5 x 1 hour sessions: $1000
- Review (including brief report): $250
- Meeting: $245 per hour
- Fantastic Fingers and spOrTstars Senior groups during term (50 minutes): $650 per 10-week term
- Little spOrTstars and spOrTstars Junior groups during term (40 minutes): $580 per 10-week term
- School holiday groups: $450 for two-day workshop
- Shared session (2 children per session) $115 per child
*Fees accurate as of 27th January 2021. For more information, please contact the clinic.
Private Health Insurance: Occupational Therapy can usually be claimed through your private health fund depending on your level of cover. Please call your health fund to discuss this.
Medicare Rebates: Medicare rebates require your General Practitioner to provide you with a specific care plan. There are three types of care plans we frequently accept at Qualia. These Include:
- The Chronic and Complex Plan (previously Enhanced Primary Care Plan): 5 individual sessions per year.
- Better Access to Mental Health / Focused Psychological Services: 6 Individual sessions, with an additional 4 individual sessions after a GP review (max 10 sessions per year). Additional 10 group sessions.
- Helping Children with Autism Plan: 4 assessment sessions and 20 individual sessions within a child’s lifetime.
Please note that Medicare covered sessions are a rebate. The whole therapy session cost will not be rebated unless you have reached the Medicare Safety Net. For further information regarding eligibility, please speak with your general practitioner.
National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS): The NDIS was established to allow children and teenagers with developmental or participation difficulties access services such as occupational therapy. Children with any developmental difficulty or formal diagnosis are able to apply for NDIS-funded support. To find out if your child is eligible to receive occupational therapy with Qualia under the NDIS, please contact 1800 800 110 or visit www.ndis.gov.au.