- Initial assessment: $420 (includes face to face time, standardised assessments, consultation with educators, paediatrician and other health professionals, goal setting and a full comprehensive report). This is usually conducted over 2 x 40 minute sessions.
- Extended Initial assessment: $480 (includes face to face time, standardised assessments, consultation with educators, paediatrician and other health professionals, observations at school if required, goal setting and a full comprehensive report).
- HSC Assessment: $420 (includes extended face to face time, consultation with learning support, standardised assessment and a full comprehensive report for application to BOSTES).
- Initial Consultation: $185 (includes extended face to face time, consultation with educators, paediatrician, other health professionals, goal setting and a letter to outline goals).
- Additional standardised assessments: $40 (where required it may be recommended that your child completes an additional assessment. This written assessment results).
- Intervention sessions (40 minutes): $145
- Extended intervention sessions (1 hour): $185
- Review (including brief report): $185
- Meeting: $185 per hour
- Group sessions during term: $400 per term (10 sessions)
- Holiday groups: $330 for 2 day workshop
NB: there is no charge for travel to homes or schools located within the inner west suburbs of Sydney.
Private Health Insurance: Occupational Therapy can usually be claimed through your private health fund depending on your level of cover. Please call your health fund to discuss this.
Medicare Rebates: Medicare rebates require your General Practitioner you provide you with a specific care plan. There are three types of care plans we frequently accept at Qualia. These Include:
- The Chronic and Complex Plan (previously Enhanced Primary Care Plan): 5 individual sessions per year.
- Better Access to Mental Health / Focused Psychological Services: 6 Individual sessions, additional 4 individual sessions after a GP review (max 10 sessions per year). Additional 10 group sessions.
- Helping Children with Autism Plan: 4 assessment sessions and 20 individual sessions within a child’s lifetime.
Please note that Medicare covered sessions are a rebate. The whole therapy session cost will not be rebated unless you have reached the Medicare Safety Net. For further information regarding eligibility, speak with your general practitioner.
National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS): The NDIS was established to allow children and teenagers with developmental or participation difficulties access services such as occupational therapy. Children with any developmental difficulty or formal diagnosis are able to apply for NDIS funded support. To find out if your child is eligible to receive occupational therapy with Qualia under the NDIS, please contact 1800 800 110 or visit www.ndis.gov.au.
Better Start for Children And FAHCSIA Helping Children With Autism Package: For children with a formal diagnosis such as Autism or Cerebral Palsy we are accredited to provide intervention under both the Better Start and FAHCSIA packages. These packages entitle families to $12 000 for intervention and resource purchase until your child reaches 7 years of age.